Summertime means fun time! Now’s the time to prepare your home and yard for the sunny days ahead, whether you’re planning a “staycation”, BBQ, birthday party, or just some lounging outside. Whatever your summer plans may be, understanding what projects to tackle will help you get your home in tip-top shape and create an outdoor space you can enjoy all summer long.
Here are some ideas to get you kick-started:
- Clean up the garden – remove weeds, lay down new mulch, plant new flowers.
- Stain the deck and make repairs to it if necessary.
- Clean the grill and replace any broken parts or accessories.
- Add some colorful outdoor lighting, or install accent lighting around walkways and paths.
- Clean the patio area.
- Prep the pool for opening (if you’re lucky enough to have one).
- Buy new outdoor games.
- Clean the bird bath and make sure it has fresh water on a regular basis.
- Replace worn-out deck or patio furniture.
- If your home’s exterior walls look a little weather-worn or downright grungy, slap on a new coat of paint.
- Raise some fruits, vegetables, or herbs.
- Plant some butterfly bushes to attract one of nature’s prettiest critters.
- Put up a hummingbird feeder – or any bird feeder for that matter!
- Create a small pond and spruce it up with coy fish and or maybe even a frog or two.
- Erect a birdhouse.
- Install a fountain.
- Create a meditation area.
Are you starting to feel inspired? We hope so! And keep in mind that if you’re looking to finance these types of fun summer projects, a BankFive personal loanAs a courtesy, you will be leaving Blog.BankFive.com and going to another website. We have approved this site as a reliable partner, but you will no longer be under the security policy of BankFive.com. Come back soon! could help. Now go out and have some fun!