There are ways of getting what you want without paying top dollar. Here are some of them:
- Don’t shop as entertainment. When you hang out at the mall on a Saturday afternoon, you see things you don’t need. But because you see them, you want them.
- Shop the sales. If you shop the big sales to buy needed items, your shopping stays focused, and you get more for your money. But don’t buy just because something is on sale. Do you really need it?
- Wait for the sale. When you see something you like, approach a salesperson to ask if the item will go on sale anytime soon.
- For gifts, shop in advance instead of the last minute. You may be able to get something on sale. Don’t wait until the last minute. If you cannot find just the right thing, you may blow your budget on something else out of desperation.
- Shop places other than the mall. There are plenty of them.